Running a Desktop test
For unmoderated tests, UserZoom GO uses a Chrome extension, which automatically downloads and installs at the beginning of a test.
You can use any supported computer (see below) running Google’s Chrome or Microsoft's Edge browser.
- Mac OS X 10.9 and above.
- Windows 7 and above. There are known issues with a small number of Windows 7 computers with particular video cards causing the screen to go black.
- Chrome OS (Chromebook).
Browser and best practices
- The latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge
- System checker: https://go.userzoom.com/moderated/systemcheck
- Check network speed with https://speedtest.net or https://fast.com. We recommend 30mbps download and 12 mbps upload speeds at minimum (higher is always better)
- Remember, you may be sharing your screen, audio and video all at the same time, so strong wifi or a hardwired Ethernet connection are recommended. We don't recommend cellular service or public wifi due to speed limitations and quality fluctuations
- Close any open apps or programs that will not be needed during the session.
Running a Mobile Study
We have a dedicated iPhone and Android app which the participant will use when testing on a mobile device. For a moderated test, the moderator will want to connect via desktop Google Chrome or MS Edge, only the participant uses either of these mobile apps.
When you send a UserZoom GO test URL to your test participants, they’ll be prompted first to install the app from the Apple App Store for iOS, or Google Play Store for Android.
- iOS 13+
- Android 9+
- Check network speed with https://speedtest.net or https://fast.com. We recommend 30mbps download and 12 Mbps upload speeds at minimum (higher is always better)
- We recommend a strong wifi connection as opposed to cellular.
- Staying near the router is good practice so the signal doesn't have to traverse floors and walls, which can weaken the signal and affect the session
- Close out any apps that are unnecessary for the test. This will help to allocate the device's finite resources/ram to the session itself
- A restart of the phone can resolve many little things and make the session go more smoothly, so if possible, restart the device prior to starting the session.